Monday, March 21, 2011

750 Words

I am beginning to work seriously on My Soul To Keep (Seriously, I need a new title. This one is lame.), and because I love (hate) myself so much, I'm giving myself a deadline. I am going to have my first draft done by July 21th. Done, as in finished, with a beginning, a middle, and end, plot points, character development, the whole deal.

How will I get this done, you ask? I will, from now on, be writing 750 words a day. That seems like a reasonably figure, doesn't it? I wanted to kickstart my manuscript by writing 10,000 over the break, but, because I'm lame and rarely stick to my goals, I only wrote 2000 over the whole week. It's not like I was doing anything else, either. I was just being lazy.

But no more! And, in case you care and want me to stay on track, I will be posting an excerpt from the story every Friday. This may be a decent, comprehensible excerpt, or a smattering of lines I like. I won't have the full 5000 or so words to choose from this week, since today is the first day of the challenge, but whatever. Maybe it should be every Monday? Whatever. Friday seems like a better day for blogging.

I'm gonna do it.

Current word count 255/750
Not bad. It's only 10:22 am

No comments:

Post a Comment