Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ancient Monks Of Awesome

I promised I would share an excerpt yesterday, but I decided to have a social life, so I didn't get around to it. My friends are doing SCIENCE now, so I figure I'm good to get this done. Also, because they were here, I didn't get my 750 words done yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm mad at myself or willing to give myself a day off every Friday for sociability. Probably the latter, because I do like having friends.

Anyway, He's the excerpt. It's just a random bit of dialogue from page 14. Exciting!

“I’m kidnapping you, obviously.” Dan told her, straight-faced. “Get in the car.”
                “I have to pick up Jake from school and Graeme from daycare.” Gen told him, shaking her head. “I can’t participate in your antics today.”
                “Gen, you wound me so,” Dan complained, placing a hand on his chest. “Do you really think I don’t know what your every Friday looks like? I cancelled my antics for an evening at the castle. I brought  a few old western movies.”
                Gen shook her head, laughing, as she got into the passenger seat. “Why are you so great?” She asked, buckling her seatbelt. “It’s disconcerting.”
                “Practice.” Dan grinned at her, then pulled into the flow of traffic headed towards the elementary school.
                “You must spend hours just being great.” Gen commented. “Because it is a mastery of being great that you have.”
                “I learned the craft from the secret monks of awesome.” Dan said. “It was an arduous journey to their temples of righteousness, but well worth it. My greatness expanded exponentially.”
                Gen snorted with laughter, feeling lighter than she had all day. “I would attempt the journey, but, alas, I’d not survive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment